Monday, January 16, 2006

Relaxed Weekend

I had a nice fun weekend.
Mom & dad are in Pune so I didn’t go home this weekend. Met up with 2 of my 3 best friends instead and spent good time with them. Ruch and I can never fall short of things to talk about…we laugh on the silliest little things. And laugh like mad.
It’s only with her that I can agree to go have a Mc D burger for breakfast (of course that Mc D wasn’t open and so we had to skip it is a different story).
So this saturday, we met up after quite a while and talked endlessly. We had a nice dinner at Sagar and then dessert at Flavors (chocolate pudding & blueberry cheesecake…sinful…sighhhh!!!)
After that I was way tooooooo sleepy…


Sunday morning, Ruch dropped me to Noida…the drive was good fun with virtually no traffic. I just love to drive on the toll road (no it was Ruch driving but am just saying it generally). Actually, it’s been a few weeks since I drove. The last I think was the drive to Gurgaon when Bhai was in town.

Anyhow, back to my weekend…so Ruch dropped me back and then I went to Ankur’s place for lunch. Aunty made yum khana…(mummy come back soon from Pune). Then we just chilled out…watched ‘Hitch’. It was so funny. I loved it. Just couldn’t stop laughing. It has some very nice lines too. So that was that.

I thank God for the wonderful family and friends that I have. And I thank each one of them for being there for me. I really don't know what I'd do without any of them. Mom, Dad & Bhai for being the perfect family - forever guiding me and protecting me (and if I say anymore then I won't EVER end this post). Ruchi for understanding me so perfectly, always advising me and listening to me patiently about the same things over and over and over again. Ankur for bringing the endless humour and fun in my life and attending my countless phone-calls about random things in life. Dhanya for being there for me since class 6 despite the fact that we haven't stayed in the same city for the last 8 years. (Ok, did I sound like I was giving a thank you speech at an awards function?) They are all people I can't function without and I can write about them forever but I guess this will be it for this particular post.

Anyhow, here's the end of my weekend story - I went home and somehow landed up in a strange mood. It was not the perfect end to a beautiful weekend but nevertheless it didn’t damper the good time I had.

On a completely different note: suddenly, I feel like getting away from Delhi…I feel like taking a few days off and travelling by myself to some small little town – just discover some place by myself. Wishful thinking I know…sigh!!!
Ok, that’s all for now. More later. Ciao.

-M.

No comments: